Google+ has most of the features that Facebook users like, allows you to:
1. Sync Google+ with several email address books so that you can instantly add contacts;
2. Chat, real-time, to others in your Circles. You no longer have to know their email addresses and a list of those available for chat appears in a sidebar, just the same as in Facebook;
3. Import contacts from Gmail (Facebook doesn't);
4. Chat "off the record". (Select "Options">"Off the Record"). Your discussion with that particular Circle contact will not be saved. (You can also disable the Chat option for an entire circle via the Privacy Settings.)
Two words of warning: You cannot import your Facebook Group lists directly into Google+, and remember that Google+ content is public, unless you designate it to be private. A word of warning to the wise!
Step Two: Step Back for an Overview
Now that you are beginning to become familiar with Google+, here are a few more useful facts.
1. You no longer need an "invite". Google+ has opened its doors to everyone.
2. Google Plus now has Business Pages.
3. If you run or service a non-profit organization, you'll love Google+ special options for non-profits!
4. Google+ is set up to encourage focused networking for those who prefer social networks for business rather than pleasure